The Space Force ROTC scholarship interview process is 100% virtual.
Starting in the 2022-2023 application year, if applicants apply for the Space Force ROTC Scholarship, they are required to conduct a video interview online with HireVue (an online video interview platform).
Candidates will be asked to record video responses to a series of interview questions. One opportunity is provided to re-record a response. The re-recorded response is automatically submitted. There are a total of five questions with a three-minute time limit for each question.
What Questions to Expect During your Space Force ROTC Scholarship Interview
The following is the current question set as of January 2023:
- Tell us about a time when you tried to accomplish something and failed. Why do you think you fell short? If you had to do it over again, how would you do it differently?
- Tell us about a time when you went above or beyond the call of duty in order to get a job done. Please describe the situation, what you did, and the outcome
- Tell us about a time when you needed to gain the trust and support of one of your peers in order to be successful on something. Please describe the situation, how you responded, and the outcome
- Describe a time when you ended up playing an important or influential role on a team even though you were not assigned a leadership role. Please describe the situation, your actions, and the outcome.
- Why do you wish to become a member of the United States Space Force?
- Describe how/why the mission appeals to you.
- Describe what job(s) appeal to you.
- Describe why you believe you would be a good fit for the Space Force.
How long do you have to complete the Space Force interview?
Since you only have three minutes to answer each question, prepare accordingly. That’s a total of 15 minutes of speaking time across all five questions.
Candidates who have completed the Space Force ROTC scholarship interview indicate that having only 15 minutes total to talk is a bit limiting, especially as the last question asks so much but doesn’t quite give you enough time to hit all three parts completely.